The KM Group’s newspaper editors are looking for good causes to champion as Charity of the Year 2018.
The chosen voluntary group, cause or charity for each newspaper will also receive the backing of kmfm radio and KentOnline – which attracts more than two million unique browsers each month – publicising its work to a massive new audience of potential supporters.
KM Group Chairman, Geraldine Allinson, said: “The KM Group understands how important voluntary and charitable organisations are to Kent, and the Charity of the Year initiative allows us to support the incredible work they do day after day across the diverse communities of the county.
“The good cause selected to be Charity of the Year will take their turn in the spotlight, reaching more potential supporters and gaining access to more fundraising opportunities.”
She added: “I would urge all charities in Kent and Medway to apply.”
KM Charity of the Year is open for applications from regional or national good causes of any size until the deadline of noon on Friday, October 27.
The selected cause will also be supported by the charity department at the KM Group through collaborative fundraising events including the KM Big Bike Ride, KM Colour Run, KM Charity Walk, KM Dragon Boat Race and KM Assault Course Challenge.
Simon Dolby of the KM Charity Team said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for charities. Our editor wants to get behind a good cause and trumpet it for 12 months – and it could be yours.”
Apply for KM Charity of the Year by completing the online form HERE by October 21.
- Charities can win free insurance for a year through a prize draw staged by the KM Charity Team in conjunction with Jelf insurance. To find out more visit www.kmcharityteam.co.uk/jelf-insurance-competition-2017
- Last year a record 278 applications were received with editors picking 12 causes to champion in 2017.
- Collaborative fundraising events staged by the charity department at KM Group raised £200k over the last 12 months with charities of the year being the main beneficiaries.
- Charities of the year can tap into sessions on press release writing, social media techniques and video media training.
- Video tips to help prepare KM Charity of the Year applications are available to view at www.kmcharityteam.co.uk/charitysupport/charityoftheyear