A small army of abseilers beat the drop in the spring KM Charity Challenge event on Sunday.
75 people took part raising £11,717 for 29 charities and good causes with Tracey Bartlett being named the highest individual fundraiser. She raised £902 for the Romney Marsh Day Centre. Lee Robinson and Team Robbo raised £882 for Ashford Volunteer Centre and 76 year old Anita Moakes from Sittingbourne was the oldest participant raising £829 for MS Swale. Anna Chatterton, 14, from Maidstone was the youngest person to complete the abseil challenge from 100ft Thomas Place in Maidstone.
The Perrin family from Ashford and Maidstone took part for Thrombosis UK and wowed the crowds by turning up in fancy dress outfits. Charlotte dressed as Robin Hood, Luke abseiling as Spiderman, Daniel as Captain Hook and Anita as a pirate crew.
The event was supported by building owners Housing Care 21 and accountants Wilkins Kennedy.
Simon Dolby of the KM Charity Team which staged the event said: “Charities from every corner of the county benefited from this successful collaborative fundraising event. We are so grateful to everyone involved who made this such a great day.”
The next KM Charity Challenges to be staged are the KM Abseil Challenge, KM Big Bike Ride, KM Colour Run, KM Dragon Boat Race and Buster’s Firewalk. To find out more visit www.kmcharitychallenge.co.uk
Causes involved included:
- Maidstone: RBLI, Heart of Kent Hospice, Blackthorn Trust, Spadework, Air Ambulance, Kent Association for the Blind.
- Medway: My Shining Star, Medway Autism Group and Information Centre, Hidradentis Suppurativa Trust, Medway Street Angels
- Thanet: Louie’s Helping Hands, St Ethelbert’s PTA.
- Swale: New Leaf Support, MS Swale.
- Dartford and Gravesend: North Kent Disabled Foundation, North Kent Mind.
- Canterbury: East Kent Mencap, East Kent Hospital’s Dementia Appeal, Kent MS Therapy Centre, Cancer Research UK.
- Ashford: Ashford Volunteer Centre, First Headcorn Guides, Thrombosis UK.
- Folkestone: Romney Marsh Day Care Centre.
- West Kent: Kent Friendz, Care After Combat.