Book now for KM Colour Run

Emma and Finn Rosen of Deal show off their event medals after taking part in the colour run for Deal Breastfeeding Support Group.

Click to book Newsletter sign-up

The family that runs together stays together – even when it means a pile of laundry for mum and dad to get through later.

So there’s no better reason to sign up for the KM Charity team’s Colour Run at Betteshanger Park in Deal on Sunday, June 10.

Whether you run, jog or walk around the course, the event is a great way to raise money for good causes of your choice while getting splattered with colour powder.

And any fundraiser who raises more than £200 will be entered into a draw to win a luxury spa day for two people, including massage treatments or an afternoon tea.

The KM Colour Run is a 5km, un-timed run during which participants are doused from head to toe in different colours at points throughout the run. The aim is to start white and finish bright.

The emphasis is less about keeping up with Mo Farah and more about just having fun with your friends, family or work mates. The fun gets under way at 10.30am.

Adult participants are expected to aim to reach a target of £100 in sponsorship. Children under the age of 16 are not expected to fund raise, although they can of course do so if they wish. Under-16s must be accompanied by an adult runner.

Your charity will receive 70% of sponsor monies, with the remaining 30% going to the KM Charity Team. Any profits KM Charity Team make from its share will go towards its children’s road safety work.

The entry fee is £20 for adults and £12 for children aged four to 16; children under four go free. The price includes a limited edition KM Colour Run T-shirt, glasses, a small bag of coloured powder, and a medal on completion.

And if you don’t want to run but would still like to be in the thick of the action, you can pay £10 and be a Colour Bandit. Yu will join KM Charity Team staff and help them throw the coloured powder over participants.

Register now at http://www.kmcharityteam.co.uk/booking and use the discount code KMNEWS18 to get a £5 discount.

About the Author