Each year the Kent and Medway Charity Team supports a number of exciting sponsored activities to raise funds for a range of worthy causes, as well as raising money for its own charitable activities.
Charities, PTA groups and other good causes can apply to take up places at our adrenaline challenge event to raise funds for their own organisation.
To apply simply click the link at the base of this page to complete the application form.
Our shared events
KM Charity Challenge events include sponsored:
- KM Dragon boat race at Mote Park, Maidstone
- Kent Water Zorbing Championship
- KM Bike Rides
The calendar of events runs through the year and touches most parts of Kent.
The team also organises four record-breaking KM Big Quiz brain challenge events to support our own charity and the KM Group's charities of the year - selected each year in the autumn.
How it works
Your charity can use our abseil, bike ride and water zorbing events to raise funds for your cause. There is no risk or cost to your charity, we fund the event through business sponsorship and by retaining a small percentage of sponsorship raised by participants.
To get involved you need to:
- You complete the application page. The link is at the base of this page.
- We make a decision on whether your cause can use the event to raise funds. (Occasionally we are full and so may decline you for a specific event).
- You promote the event to your supporters directing them to our website to register and book a place on the abseil – www.kmcharitychallenge.co.uk . We will provide you with the tools you need to promote the event to your supporters.
- Our database automatically emails you regularly to provide you with a full list of who has taken part for your cause.
Click here to see current toolkits
- There is no cost or risk to your charity.
- Each participant will need to pay a small registration fee (usually £10 for abseils and water zorbing and £25 for bike ride) which helps us cover event organisation costs. Participants are asked to aim to raise more than £75.
- We handle all aspects of the event from booking places, stewarding and banking proceeds. Participants use KM Charity Team JustGiving pages.
- Proceeds raised by your supporters will be divided on a 70:30 ratio with 70 per cent going to your charity or good cause and 30 per cent retained by the KM Charity Team to help cover event costs. Your 70 per cent is ring-fenced and guaranteed. If we make a profit from our 30 per cent share of the pot surplus funds support the children's road safety work at the KM Charity team.
- Our target is to get cheques presented to good causes eight weeks after an event. This is usually achieved at a photocall staged with the KM Group - very often your local editor.
KM Dragon Boat Race
The dragon boat race takes place in July at Mote Park, Maidstone and operates on a slightly different basis to the other challenge events. With this event you book a boat paying a flat rate charge and then every penny your crew raises going to your cause. The KM Charity Team does not handle any of the sponsorship raised for this event.
Good causes wanting to be involved with a collaborative event will need to complete a simple form. Click the link to view the Collaborative Request Form on a new web page. (This information feeds straight into our database and ensures a team member is assigned to look after you).
If you have any questions when trying to complete the form contact the KM Charity Team on: email@example.com or phone 0844 264 0291 for more information.