History of the KM Charity Team
The Kent and Medway Charity Team was founded in 2001 with the aim of supporting and promoting walking bus and green travel initiatives at primary schools. At the start the organisation was called the Kent and Medway Walking Bus Group. It changed its name and logo in 2009 to reflect the broader range of services delivered.
Today green travel to school and children’s health and wellbeing is still at the heart of the charity’s activities but now it has a widened remit delivering other services to support schools – and also to provide support to PTA groups and charities to support their fundraising.
The charity works alongside the KM Group, Kent’s biggest multi-media publisher, to support the organisation’s charitable work whenever the objectives of the two organisations are shared.
Services for schools
- Walk to school – including walking bus, Walk on Wednesday, Active Bug and Green Footsteps.
- KM Kent Cooks, our children’s masterchef-style event.
- Buster’s Book Club – a pilot initiative to promote literacy levels.
- Kent Teacher of the Year Awards
- Walk to School Song Contest
Services for charities and good causes
- KM Charity of the Year selection process
- KM Treasure Chest
- KM Golden Ticket
- Training courses
Fundraising support for PTA groups and charities
The KM Charity Team stages a range of collaborative events that any good cause can use to support their fundraising. These include:
- KM Abseil Challenge
- KM Dragon Boat Race
- KM Assault Course Challenge
- KM Big Bike Ride
- KM Charity Walk
Please explore this website to discover more about our work or phone 0844 2640291 (lo-call) or email email@example.com