New for 2017, the KM Charity Team is supporting the Cornwallis Charity to stage an It’s a Knockout Challenge.
Designed for teams of eight to 10 people, the event can be used by any good cause or charity to raise funds for themselves. As is common with other events the KM Charity Team supports or delivers, 70 per cent of the funds raised will go to the cause of your choice, while 30 per cent of funds raised will be retained by the KM Charity Team to support its children’s literacy initiatives.
The It’s a Knockout Challenge is being staged by the Kent-based organisation Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons’ Charity. The KM Charity Team is not involved in staging any elements of the event, but will support by managing the booking process and check-in of charity teams on the day. Individuals and teams taking part are required to use the KM Charity Team’s VirginGiving Money online fundraising pages or the paper sponsor form supplied in the booking pack.
- The event is being staged at Aylesford Rugby Club at 10am on Sunday, 4 June 2017, by the Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons’ Charity.
- Teams of between eight and 10 adults are needed to take part.
- Teams pay £250 to register – so Captain’s should recover £25 per person from their group to cover the booking fee.
- Teams tackle 12 challenges and earn points depending on performance.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners and also to top charity fundraisers.
- Each individual participant is expected to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship for the charity pot. Use KM Charity Team sponsor forms or VirginGivingMoney online sponsor pages.
The 12 challenges teams have to contend with are:
- Bangle Mangles – the team collect quoits bangles while coping with the Mangle inflatable.
- Robin Hood’s Merry Men – The team score targets through the Sherwood Forest inflatable.
- Dizzy Dragons – Four of the team a dragon suit and are directed up the course by the rest of the team.
- Pass the Dutchie – Team members lay out stepping stones and then pass ‘soup’ jugs down the line to a measuring container.
- Ring a Roses – The team collect rings on a fiendish inflatable.
- It’s a Knockout – In relay, the teams collect parts to build a Velcro banner while contending with scramble nets.
- Caterpillar Race – The team stand inside caterpillar tracks and negotiate the course.
- Animal Jigsaws – The team collect pieces of a soft-play jigsaw puzzle from inflatable tunnels to create the puzzle.
- Barrel of Laughs – Collect the ‘funny’ labels to put on a large soft-play barrel while negotiating zig-zag tunnels.
- Fruit Loops – The team operate in relay to score as many fruit loop baskets in the time limit.
- Around Britain – Team collect Velcro stickers of place names to stick on a display. First to complete it wins.
- Castle Chaos – The team operate in relays negotiating the foam filled course to collect coloured balls.
The KM Charity Team can assist with general enquiries about the event and to assistant with bookings, please call 0844 264 0291. For more detailed questions or those related to insurance issues or the wider event including food pitches and related activity, contact the Cornwallis East Kent Freemasons’ Charity on 01227 272944 or email@example.com