Raise funds for your charity
In five simple steps:
1. Register as a collaborative charity partner by clicking the ‘Click to apply’ button above.
2. Let us know which of our Challenge Events you wish to be involved with. You will be notified if your request to join the event has been accepted.
3. A toolkit incorporating a story, photo and poster will be sent out so you can start promoting the event to your supporters via newsletters, email bulletins and social media.
4. Encourage your supporters to visit the KM Charity Team website to book their Challenge Event and select your good cause. Our database automatically emails you regularly to provide you with a full list of who has decided to take part for your cause.
5. Receive a cheque after the event and put it into your charity’s bank
It’s that easy!
Challenge Events diary
We run Challenge Events throughout each year that you can be part of:
February Assault Course Challenge
March Maidstone abseil + Buster’s Firewalk
April KM Big Bike Ride
June KM Colour Run + KM Charity Walk + KM Dragon Boat Race
November Maidstone Abseil + Buster’s Firewalk
- There is no cost or risk to your charity.
- Each participant will need to pay a small registration fee, which helps us cover event organisation costs. Participants are asked to aim to raise more than £75.
- We handle all aspects of the event from booking places, stewarding and banking proceeds. Participants must use KM Charity Team Virgin Money Giving pages. They can set these up here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/kmcharityteam
- Proceeds raised by your supporters are typically divided on a 70:30 ratio with 70 per cent going to your charity or good cause and 30 per cent retained by the KM Charity Team to help cover event costs. Your percentage is ring-fenced and guaranteed. If we make a profit from our percentage, then surplus funds support the children’s road safety work at the KM Charity Team. We only use our share to pay the event costs.
- The KM Dragon Boat Race operates on a different basis to the other challenge events. With this event you book a boat paying a flat rate charge and then every penny your crew raises going to your cause. The KM Charity Team does not handle any of the sponsorship raised for the dragon boat race.
- Our target is to get cheques presented to good causes eight weeks after a KM Challenge Event.
If you have any questions when completing the form under the Team up with the KM Charity button, phone 0844 264 0291 for more information.
Challenge activity on the day of events is run by professional organisations that have public liability insurance cover. The Kent and Medway Charity Team accepts no liability from these events and simply supports the promotion and administration of the activities and is a beneficiary of all or part of the proceeds depending on the particular event. The charity team does have contingency insurance for all aspects of events.