How Treasure Chest operates
Treasure Chest is not currently accepting applications
Organisations and individuals apply to the Community Treasure Chest by filling in an online form for a prize to support a charity fund-raising raffle or auction. You can make as many applications as you wish with a maximum of one prize for each event.
Requests are considered in the first week of each month and the deadline to apply is the 27th of the month (21st in December), so don’t leave it too late to apply.
Applicant agrees to highlight the donation in the following ways:
- Add a small advert to a newsletter promoting the activity or event. Advert artwork can be downloaded from this website. (Compulsory)
- Add the logos of KM Treasure Chest and and the event attraction providing your prize to your event poster. (Compulsory)
- Add the KM Treasure Chest logo to your website, if you have one, with a link to the KM Charity Team website. Keep this in place for a minimum of six months please to help promote Treasure Chest to other good causes. (Optional)
After the event the applicant must:
- Complete the simple online feedback page on our website to let us know how much was raised by your event. A link will be emailed to the original applicant. (Compulsory)
- Post the KM Charity Team four copies of any newsletters and posters promoting the event that included the KM Treasure Chest promotional advert or logos. (Compulsory)
Information must be sent to: KM Charity Team, Gazette House, 5-8 Estuary View Business Park, Boorman Way, Whitstable, Kent CT5 3SE to arrive within 21 days of event.
- Individuals, community groups and registered charities with a strong connection to Kent.
- Registered charities must include the charity number of the organisation. Community groups that are not registered charities must include the contact details of the group’s chairman so we can verify the application.
- Individuals are welcome to apply but must include details of a personal or employer’s reference who can verify the nature of the fund-raising activity and reputation of the individual.
- Although it is important where possible that applicants can demonstrate how they can highlight the donation through event publicity, applications will also be positively considered from worthy causes that are not in a position to promote the Treasure Chest initiative. This may be applicable to applications from individuals rather than groups.
- Applicants to the KM Treasure Chest must confirm the event or funds raised through it will not be used to promote political or racist activities.
For information or enquiries contact the KM Charity Team at Gazette House, 5-8 Estuary View Business Park, Boorman Way, Whitstable, Kent CT5 3SE or call 08442 640291 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for Treasure Chest downloads.