Toy maker Hornby has renewed its support for projects promoting children’s literacy and road safety in schools across Kent.
The Thanet-based company has donated a raft of its popular sets and collectables to be used in fundraising raffles at events run by the KM Charity Team over the next 12 months.
The most expensive items donated are a Hornby Hogwarts Express train set worth £199.99 and an Airfix Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, which would normally cost £119.99.
Hornby marketing coordinator Ryan Jones said: “It’s great to be collaborating with the KM Charity Team again, and we are delighted to be providing prizes for these wonderful events.
“Buster’s Book Club and Active Wow are such important projects, and we are so pleased to be able to help raise money to allow more children in the county to benefit from them.”
The full list of products donated by Hornby is:
- Hornby Hogwarts Express Train Set worth £199.99.
- Airfix Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat ‑ £119.99
- Micro Scalextric Justice League Batman and Superman race set ‑ £59.99
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ‑ £24.99
- British M3 Stuart ‘Honey’ ‑ £20.99
- Airfix Quickbuild Volkswagen Camper Van ‘Surfin’ ‑ £16.99
- Airfix Quickbuild Volkswagen Beetle ‘Flower Power’ ‑ £13.99
- Chunkies Emergency Ambulance Truck UK ‑ £6.99
- Chunkies Fire Crane Truck UK ‑ £6.99
- Chunkies Off Road Safari ‑ £6.99
- Chunkies Police Tow UK ‑ £6.99
KM Charity Team founder Simon Dolby said: “Hornby has been an incredibly supportive and generous partner for the KM Charity Team over the past 10 years.
“Every year, we are blown away by the company’s generosity, which is crucial to the success of our awards ceremonies and quiz challenges.
“We are so grateful for that continued support.”
Buster’s Book Club is designed to make reading cool, and sets children home-reading targets.
Green travel scheme Active Wow encourages families to leave the car at home for the school run and instead make the journey by walking or cycling.
The two schemes involve inter-class and inter-school events, and prizes include celebrity story-time sessions and free-entry vouchers to visitor attractions.
Find out more about the KM Charity Team’s challenge events and awards schemes at www.kmcharityteam.co.uk.