In line with Government guidelines, and our own risk assessments, all participants of the Bike Ride should:
- Take a lateral flow test prior to attending the event, and only attend if a negative result is returned.
- Maintain social distancing, and wash hands / use hand sanitiser regularly (sanitiser will be available at the check-in marquee, toilets, and refreshment stops).
- Use face coverings in indoor settings, and whilst passing through the check in areas until out on the ride.
- If feeling unwell, displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (even if they are mild), or have been asked to self isolate, please do not attend the event.
- Consider their own health and personal circumstances before attending our event. Whilst every measure has been taken to keep participants, staff and volunteers safe, Covid-19 is highly transmissible and so participants should consider this when deciding to join the event.
Due to insurance purposes, this ride is not open to anyone under the age of 12. Riders aged 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult with a ratio of one adult for every child aged 12-17.
Adults taking part in the event or booking on behalf of a young person participant must tick the indemnity box in the KM Charity Team’s e-shop to complete the booking. In so doing the adult making the booking is agreeing to the following conditions:
- I confirm that I wish to ride in the KM Big Bike Ride which is organised by KM Charity Team and understand that I do so at my own risk and that the KM Charity Team (and any of its group companies, agents or employees) do not accept liability for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of my participation. I agree that medical advice should be sought from a general practitioner if I am in any doubt as to the physical ability to participate in the event.
- I understand and agree that I participate in this event at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must ride in a manner which is safe for myself and all others.
- I am aware that when riding in an event and particularly when riding on a public highway the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide if the movement is safe.
- I agree that no liability whatsoever shall be attached to the promoter, promoting club, meeting sponsor(s) or member of the promoting club in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me on or by reason of the event, however caused.
- I agree to wear a cycling helmet for the entire duration of the ride. I accept that if I do not follow this requirement and suffer a head injury as a result – I will not hold the organisers of the event liable for any injuries that I may suffer.
- I consent to being contacted by the KM Charity Team in relation to this and future Bike Ride Events. I can request for future contact to stop at any time.
- I consent that photographs taken during the ride may be used to publicise other events and the work of KM Charity Team.