Ride for charity or ride for fun
The KM Charity Team’s Big Bike Ride is back and it’s even BIGGER with an additional 100 and 50 KM West Kent Ride added.
The Big West Kent Bike Ride will take place on Sunday 16th May 2021.
And the Big East Kent Bike Ride will take place on Sunday 12th September 2021.
Online registration for both events is mandatory as there will be no on-day registrations due to necessary social distancing measures to keep the riders, volunteers, and staff safe (this will be reviewed to reflect the situation at the time).
The Big West Kent Bike Ride will begin and end at Cyclo Park Gravesend and take in the beauty of the West Kent countryside. As with the East Kent Ride there are 100 and 50 KM routes (route maps will be added soon).
The Big East Kent Bike Ride is our annual event and offers two routes: 100K and 50K both starting and finishing at Betteshanger Country Park, A258, Deal, Kent, CT14 0BF.
To ensure safety, social distancing and adherence to government guidelines things will be a little different for both events. Upon registration you will receive detailed information about these safety measures, but here are some of the things you need to know:
- Riders will be allocated a strict time slot at registration – this must be adhered to avoid crowds and the safety of staff and riders.
- There are TWO parts to registration – MASKS MUST BE WORN when interacting with the KM Team. If you have an exemption please ensure you have proof in the form:
- Collection of chip timing, route map and number, etc – DO NOT bring your bikes to this part of the registration process – collect what you need and return to your bike to prepare for departure.
- Once you are prepared and ready to start riders will be called in timing blocks to begin and your indemnity completion will be checked – MASKS MUST BE WORN and can only be removed once you have passed this final registration point.
- Riders MUST begin immediately once passing the indemnity checkpoint.
- There will be refreshment stops en route.
- Once you complete the ride you will be asked to collect your medal and leave – once again in an attempt to avoid any crowds.
Riders have the choice of taking part in the popular physical cycling challenge just for fun or to raise money for their favourite good cause through sponsorship.
Nominated charities will receive 70% of sponsorship raised by their supporters. The remainder will go to the KM Charity Team to cover costs for the event and to fund its child literacy and road safety and environmental work with schools.
Please note due to insurance purposes this ride is not open to anyone under the age of 12. Riders aged 12-17 must have a parental consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
There are strict limits on rider numbers so book your place early to avoid disappointment. All riders must BOOK AS INDIVIDUALS – it is ESSENTIAL that we have full details of every rider even if you are riding as a team.
Click HERE to book your place.
Big West Kent Bike Ride – 50k or 100k
Both 50 and 100K routes will take in the spectacular West Kent Countryside and the Hoo Peninsula, perfect for the serious cyclist or for those of you who just want a leisurely cycle.
Big West Kent Bike 50k Ride
Big West Kent Bike 100k Ride
Big East Kent Bike 50k Ride
Big East Kent Bike 100k Ride
KM Big Bike Ride is staged as a fundraising event to support the educational services delivered by the KM Charity Team. Booking charges and corporate sponsorship, together with our share of sponsorship raised by participants, are put towards the educational work of the KM Charity Team in the county’s schools.