Terms and conditions of walk to school challenge events
Walk to School Challenges take place at intervals throughout the school year at the discretion of KM Charity Team.
In choosing winners of these challenge events the following method is applied:
- Schools input their data onto the KM School Portal, confirming how many pupils walked, cycled or rode scooters to school each week.
- All figures must be entered by the end of the Challenge Day week in order to be considered.
- KM Charity Team may assess any of the following factors to determine a challenge winner: Number of green travel journeys pro rata to size of class; percentage of ‘walkers’; rate of improvement of green impact; cumulative figure for school run vehicles removed from local roads.
- In most instances the class with the top percentage of green travel journeys for the specific single week is named the challenge winner, however on occasions cumulative impact can be a factor.
- In the event of more than one class topping the statistical lists, the KM Charity Team will randomly pick a winner from these top schools.
- The decision of KM Charity Team is final. Criteria may be varied at the discretion of KM Charity Team.